Southwest Florida is home to many seasonal residents who only spend winter months in their SWFL homes.
When you own a home that is used seasonally, and do all of the work involved in maintaining that home yourself, it can be a physical strain and time consuming.
There comes a time when you must consider what it takes to do all of this work and if it is cutting into the enjoyment of owing a seasonal home in SWFL.
Winter months in your home should be a time for visiting with neighbors/friends, enjoying the pool/beach and outdoors, playing golf, shopping, cooking or whatever you enjoy most about your time in Southwest Florida.
When caring for your home becomes more stress than enjoyment, you may want to consider hiring a property management company to handle all of the drudge work
so that you can spend more time enjoying yourself (isn’t that the reason you originally purchased a seasonal home in SWFL?).
Hiring a property management company to care for your home actually takes a huge load off of your shoulders as you do not have to worry about your home when you are in town or while you are away.
It is time to hire a property management company when:
- You spend blocks of time away from your property – Having someone you can trust to be your eyes and ears monitoring your home while you are away for long periods of time can catch problems early. Leaks, mold, a/c problems and more, can all be found early and addressed before too much damage is done.
- You are not very handy – When it comes to making minor repairs you don’t have the expertise or you just don’t want to do it.
- You don’t have much time – If time is limited, why spend it doing chores when you can have someone else do it for you. This will free up your time to do what you enjoy.
- You can afford the cost – Property managemnet is not free but the cost involved is worth every penny when you see how nice it is to have help standing by whenever you need it.
- You can’t depend on the person who used to do it for you – If you have gotten a divorce or your spouse/significant other is no longer there and you depended on them to take care of everything, a property management company will help reduce the stress of getting things done.
When choosing a property managemnet company, make sure they are licensed, bonded and insured plus have a good reputation in your area. Ask for references to be sure you are hiring someone reputable.
Hiring a property management company may be something you have been thinking about for awhile. Make the decision this year to do it and you will be so glad you did.
Jumpp To It, Inc – Property Management and Property Maintenance Company has been serving Southwest Florida since 2001. They have a fantastic reputation and treat your home as if it was their own. Excellent customer service!
Available Whenever and Wherever you need us!